Becoming a Board Member
The Wyoming Board of Cosmetology consist of a five (5) member board appointed by the Governor. The responsibilities of the board are as follows:
- To administer the Cosmetology Act in such a manner as to protect the public health, safety and welfare;
- To adopt and change administrative rules necessary to implement cosmetology statutes;
- To recommend legislative changes of statutes when necessary;
- To adopt educational and training requirements necessary to assure that each licensee possesses the minimum competency necessary for pubic protection;
- To adopt curriculum guidelines by which performance in the schools may be objectively measured;
- To provide and administer a written and practical examination;
- To review, investigate and rule on consumer complaints; and
- To attend all board public meetings.
Board members are compensated for time worked and travel expenses. A board position is a part-time position working on an average of 12 to 15 hours every other month. There are no insurance or retirement benefits offered to board members.
If you have any questions regarding board positions please contact the board office at 307-777-3457.
To apply online please use the link below:
To print an application please use the link below:
And send it to:Boards and CommissionsGovernor’s Office2323 Carey AvenueCheyenne, WY 82002Fax: (307)632-3909Email: firstname.lastname@example.org